The agency operates within a special legal framework regulating the procedure for export credit and investment insurance support.
EXIAR’s insurance capacity is RUB 300 billion.
For each insured trade transaction, the agency can cover up to 95% of losses arising from political risk and up to 90% of commercial risk.
Strategic areas of activity:
- insurance support for exports of Russian goods and services
- the development of a modern export finance system, secured by the agency’s insurance coverage
- insurance support for Russian investments abroad
- support to export-oriented SMEs
The agency provides services to insure:
- export credits against commercial and political risks
- Russian investments abroad against political risks (since 2013)