Changes to the membership of the board of directors
On 20 August 2013, the sole shareholder of the Export Insurance Agency of Russia – state corporation Bank for Development and Foreign Economic Affairs (Vnesheconombank) – approved the new Board of Directors.
The new Board of Directors comprises the following representatives of government bodies, NGOs and international development institutes:
- Andrei Baturkin, Deputy Head of the Secretariat of First Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation Igor Shuvalov
- Alexander Brechalov, President, OPORA Russia
- Alexander Ivanov, Deputy Chairman; Member of the Management Board of the state corporation Bank for Development and Foreign Economic Affairs (Vnesheconombank)
- Alexey Likhachev, Deputy Minister of Economic Development of the Russian Federation
- Denis Morozov – Representative of the Russian Federation on the Board of Directors of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- Gleb Nikitin, Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation
- Sergey Storchak, Deputy Finance Minister of the Russian Federation
- Peter Fradkov, CEO, EXIAR
Vladimir Dmitriev, Chairman of the state corporation Bank for Development and Foreign Economic Affairs (Vnesheconombank), was approved as Chairman of the Board of Directors of EXIAR.
The Russian Agency for Export Credit and Investment Insurance (EXIAR) was established in 2011 as an open joint-stock company. EXIAR’s mission is to support Russian high-tech exports by insuring export credits against commercial and political risks, as well as Russian investments abroad against political risks. Vnesheconombank is the sole shareholder of EXIAR. The agency's charter capital is RUB 30 billion.